I deeply wish i had sufficient funds to acquire the absurd array of near-cyborg-making electronics and software (list will be updated, check back too see more.)
Hardware: The top of the list is inovative and awesome, the bottom is necessary for real portable computing
- To start out small... a finger mouse. $29.99
- Streamlined VGA HMD (Head mounted display) $299.95
- Facial muscle/Brainwave input band. $150.00
- Nice 2.0MP motion tracking webcam $111.99
- A finger ring keyboard.
- A miniature projector.
- A nano-ITX form factor ATOM based personal computer with at least 5 hours of battery, 10 should be feasible in a backpack form factor. Estimated ($800) **
- A mobile hi-speed EVDO or other Cellphone network internet card.
- Parabolic microphone (preferably small enough to be head mounted)
** rather than a laptop because the screen would be a waste of space and the nano-itx build would be much more easily augmentable.
- Dragon Naturally speaking voice recognition software.
- facial recognition software